Advanced Infusion Solutions
The specialty drug market is growing, with one-half of current spend largely unmanaged. Between 2013 and 2014 alone, specialty pharmacy costs increased 28%.
Five-year trends are even greater.
- Estimates show 34-42% of new specialty drugs in the pipeline are infused
- Over 400 orphan drugs are infused, most which will have an annual cost $300K
What We Do
Our Advanced Infusion Solutions relies on two simple points: first, patients who need infusion therapy want to be in the comfort of their own home. Second, costs for receiving infusions at home are significantly less than in other settings, such as infusion centers or hospitals.
Unfortunately, approximately 75% of infusions take place outside of the home.
With over 900 biologicals in the pipeline
and the current infusion market growing at a rate of 15%,
redirecting infusion therapy to the home, when appropriate, is a driver of significant plan savings both now and in the future.
Whether the treatment is covered under the medical or pharmacy benefit, our clinical team works directly with physicians, pharmacists, and our network infusion providers to coordinate therapy delivery, monitor the effectiveness of treatment, identify future risks to patients, and engage patients through programs that promote adherence. Leveraging our proprietary tool (called HomeBridgeSM
), we are able to connect once-disparate providers and patients within the patient’s home, communicate across the care team, integrate remote monitoring data, and report on patient status (intervening where necessary).
Our Advanced Infusion Management Program offers high-touch support for infusion patients that include:
APPROPRIATE SITE OF CARE
- Our knowledge of targeted therapy programs helps determine the right site of service.
- We offer a narrow, specialty trained network for advanced or rare therapies. Our expanded network includes ambulatory centers.
- In collaboration with our infusion network providers, CareCentrix monitors and optimizes medication dosing and response to therapy. We offer customized programs for patients by disease state.
Currently, the most common infusions that we look at include: Immune Deficiencies (IVIG), other advanced therapy areas like rheumatoid arthritis (RA), alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency, and Hereditary Angioedema (HAE).
CareCentrix’s Advanced Infusion Management Program can:
- Reduce the unnecessary cost of hospital infusion services
- Reduce the risks associated with unmanaged home infusion
- Increase patient satisfaction and therapy adherence when care is delivered in the most appropriate, flexible, and convenient setting
 Kaddis, A. “Transforming Research into Action.” Foundation for Managed Care Pharmacy Research Symposium. Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy. October 2012
 National Association of Independent Retail Druggists (NAIRD) in Association with National Home Infusion Association (NHIA)